At Beachbody our goal is to help you achieve the best results. Our global approach combines fitness, nutrition and support … and consists of a proven formula that has helped millions of people transform their lives.
One of our tools to do this is Shakeology, a liquefied protein superfood that can help you lose weight, reduce junk food cravings and provide you with healthy energy.
If you still do not take Shakeology, now is the ideal time to start doing it since we have made several changes to the formula to make it even better. And Shakeology fans have nothing to worry about: it still has the same flavor that they know and love.
Six Things You Should Know About the New Shakeology Formula.
Improved vitamin and mineral composition (only formulas based on whey)
New research by the Food Committee revealed that there are certain vitamins and minerals that many people do not usually consume in sufficient quantity. The same studies also reported other vitamins and minerals whose excess consumption could be counterproductive.
Apparently, many people do not consume enough vitamin B6, vitamin D and vitamin C, and it is noteworthy to note that consuming too much vitamin A, depending on how it is done, can have negative effects. In addition, recent research shows that some populations may have different nutritional needs.
- Many women of reproductive age do not consume sufficient amounts of vitamins C, D and E, or folate (B9), magnesium or potassium.
- Vegetarians, in general, do not consume enough calcium or iron.
- It is possible that overweight people need more vitamins A, C, D, E, K B12, zinc and selenium.
Our scientists synthesized all these data and created a new formula of serum that provides a greater amount of vitamins and minerals that you need to take a balanced and healthy diet.
Modifications of the composition of vitamins and minerals of Shakeology:
- Vitamin D and magnesium levels were increased. Vitamin D is necessary for the absorption of calcium and healthy strengthening of bones and muscle function; Magnesium promotes a variety of processes, including proper function of both the muscular system and the nervous system.
- Selenium was added, a trace element that promotes body health.
- Vitamin B6, B12 and folate levels were increased. Shakeology now contains 50 percent of the recommended daily value of each of the above.
- Folic acid was replaced with L-methylfolate, the active form of the nutrient that the body can use more easily.
- The form of vitamin K (which was previously K1) was replaced with K2. Vitamin K helps promote healthy bones.
- Cyanocobalamin, the previous form of vitamin B12, has been replaced with methylcobalamin, which has greater bioavailability. Vitamin B12 is important for the nervous system and energy metabolism and, together with folate, contributes to the synthesis of DNA and red blood cells.
- The vitamin E of Shakeology is now present in its succinct form, which comes from non-transgenic sunflowers.
- The new Shakeology formula now includes less vitamin A, calcium and iron. Although these nutrients are important, they can be counterproductive when consumed in a complementary way at high levels.
It is now easier for the body to absorb essential vitamins and minerals
And when it comes to vitamins and minerals, both quality and quantity matter. We took this into account when improving the Shakeology formula and that is why we replaced certain forms of folate, vitamin K and vitamin B12 with forms that the body can absorb and consume more easily.
Matcha is a powerful green tea leaf with powerful phytonutrients. Along with other phytonutrients from superfoods that contains Shakeology, matcha contributes to health and vitality.
The matcha we include in Shakeology comes from a distributor of organic products certified by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA, for its acronym in English). In Japan, matcha has been consumed for several centuries, and now we have included it in all the flavors of Shakeology.
We add chaga
Chaga is a fungus that grows on the bark of some trees. This fungus, in conjunction with other adaptogens present in Shakeology, is used in a traditional way to help the body adapt and react to the effects of stress. Our chaga is grown and produced in the USA. UU and comes from a distributor of organic products certified by the USDA.
We add sacha inchi to Vegan Shakeology
Our formula of non-vegan flavors has always included sacha inchi (a superfood native to Peru that is also known as an Inca nut). We are very pleased to share that now the sacha inchi is part of our protein blend in the entire line of Shakeology, including our vegan flavors.
We have eliminated fructose and agave
Previously, Shakeology’s serum-based formula contained fructose, and the Vegan Shakeology formula contained agave. In their attempt to include ingredients of the highest quality, the designers of Shakeology formulas found that replacing fructose and agave with organic cane sugar provides a more balanced sweet taste.